High Point Discovered Inc. (“HPD” or “we”) is committed to protecting your online privacy.
HPD currently collects information voluntarily submitted on charitable giving response forms, meeting registration forms, survey response forms, and e-mails sent to the Website Administrator.
Information voluntarily disclosed to HPD either online or in writing through charitable giving response forms, meeting registration forms, survey response forms, and e-mails sent to the Website Administrator is collected, used, and stored by HPD for the purpose of sending e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; to assist in the processing of charitable contributions; etc.
You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us. We may also use your information to track visitors of our website. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users' needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
HOW WE WORK WITH THIRD PARTIES
On occasion, HPD contracts with third parties for marketing or other activities related to the HPD’s goals and objectives. We allow these third parties to use selected information under specific confidentiality agreements.
Information provided to HPD in non-electronic form may also be used in this way. Individuals who would like to “opt out” should contact HPD’s Website Administrator to have their names removed from these lists.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We take information security seriously and have commercially reasonable policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Accordingly, and despite our reasonable efforts to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, HPD cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the personal data you transmit to use.
PAYMENT & PAYMENT PROCESSING
All credit card payments to HPD are processed by a third-party payment processor that is vetted by HPD. The third-party processor uses a secure server that uses commercially reasonable standards to encrypt all information provided to it.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PREFERENCES UNDER THIS POLICY
A new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we at the HPD have implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
· Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
· Right of Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
· Right of Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
· Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
· Right to Object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
· Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service;
· Right not to be subjected to Automated-Decisionmaking – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or product similarly significant result
If you have questions about this policy or about your personal information, please email the Website Administrator (email@example.com).
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HPD may occasionally make changes to this Policy. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances (e.g. via email or by display on the HPD website).
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.