Visiting High Point, NC and not sure what to do in your free time? Not to worry – read on for a list of our top 15 recommended things to do while in High Point from a local’s perspective!
1. Hit up our favorite local brewery, Brown Truck. With a fun, modern atmosphere and a killer patio, you can’t go wrong with spending an afternoon lounging on their outdoor couches with a cold beer OR wine!
2. Visit All A Flutter Butterfly Farm. This local, family owned farm raises thousands of monarch butterflies each year. Join them for one of their family shows on a Saturday and have a picnic on their farm and learn about these beautiful butterflies.
3. Take a tour of High Point University. Schedule your tour online and you’ll be guided around HPU’s gorgeously manicured campus on a purple golf cart! This university is unlike any other and well worth a tour to witness their incredible buildings and gardens.
4. Check out what’s playing at the High Point Theatre. They have everything from independent films to live music!
5. Who Doesn’t love a good round of golf? Oak Hollow Golf Course is a great public course that overlooks one of High Point’s beautiful lakes. The private course at Willow Creek Country Club is in the top 30 golf courses in NC and has hosted numerous tournaments of regional and national significance, including qualifying events for the US Open and U.S. Amateur.
6. If you’re visiting in the right season and love strawberries like us, you have to go to Ingram Farm! Go and pick some strawberries fresh off the vine to take home with you. They also have a little red barn fill with homemade cakes, pies, and ice creams located at the patch!
7. High Point City Lake Park offers boat excursions, you can feed the ducks off the marina, and there’s even a carousel.
8. Do some research at the Bienenstock Furniture Library. This free to the public library is a mecca for everything design, interiors, architecture, finishes, and furniture. You can spend an afternoon flipping through rare books on how furniture has become what it is today.
Check out our recent post about the Library here.
9. Spend a morning at the High Point Museum and Historical Park. Learn about the history of this central North Carolina town and even explore their on-site, functioning blacksmith shop original to the 1800s.
10. If you’re more of a dare-devil, Kersey Valley is the place to be. They have high ropes courses, laser tag, aerial ziplining, and during the Halloween season, they turn into Spookywoods, named one of the top 13 haunted houses by USA Today and ABC.
11. You can explore history at Mendenhall Homeplace where you can find ample information about the rich history of neighboring High Point, North Carolina towns. There is even a medical school building from the 1800s on site!
12. Located in downtown High Point, the historic train depot was retored in 2003 and was an arrival place for returning WWII soldiers. The station has old-fashioned appeal and serves today as an Amtrak station.
13. If you’re looking to get outside, there is the Piedmont Environmental Center which has 11 miles of natural walking trails and various nature exhibits.
14. Make an appointment to visit the Museum of Old Domestic Life to see firsthand the Quaker lifestyle. Free admission gets you into this 19th century home!
15. Don’t miss out on the High Point Arts Council and their events bringing several artforms performed by local artists to life on stage. You may catch a local jazz band or perhaps a stand-up poetry slam.
The good news is this list is going to grow in the very near future!! There is so much happening in our community right now – the ballpark, new area businesses and event venues. Be sure to check the High Point Discovered Instagram page and blog often!
Enjoy discovering all the amazing things High Point has to offer!
The HP Discovered Team
Complete the form, and we will be in touch, or reach out to us directly to start a conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org.